Trace Chemotherapy Waste Collection
Trace Chemotherapy waste includes:
- Expired drugs and aborted dosages
- Contaminated personal protective equipment (PPE) and other materials.
Trace Chemo waste are vials that have less than 3% of the original volume. This waste is segregated from the “Red Bag” waste into Yellow Chemo Containers and due to the complex chemical compound make up of these drugs, wasteis disposed of through incineration at our plant facility.
Items collected include:
- IV Bags
- P-Listed Chemotherapy agents
- Chemotherapy containers
- Gowns (that have been used during infusions)
- Any PPE or other materials used during infusions that are not visibly contaminated.
Generators Responsible for the Packaging of Trace Chemo Waste
- All the above listed items need to be placed into a Yellow Trace Container that is properly labeled and marked.
- All containers should be visually inspected that there is no damage to the containers.
- When containers reach the fill line, they must be closed and sealed by the generator.
- Sealed container can then be moved to your storage locker for this waste stream (behind locked and labeled door).
- We will manifest these containers at each pick up and track them to a final disposition.